New year's eve.

Well the day is here when another year gets chalked up in the books and we get a fresh start. I wanna say I'm gonna start the year off right with a new outlook and blah blah blah, but I'll just set the bar low this year. I'm gonna try to be more positive but other than that i will be the same asshole I was last year. But as I said I'm trying to be more positive and in that light, I'm gonna start by giving some Tips and Tricks for designing your avatar and making them more attractive. Some of these may sound like no brainers for people who blog and make avatars. Clearly this is not for you. This is more of a tutorial for new people and some seasoned people who just wanna get a leg up. 

a.) This day in age, (i did say you may need to spend Linden in my first post,) if you do not have a mesh head, go buy one. Your body and head need to be mesh if anyone is gonna wanna sleep with you in SL. Even the guys. If you approach me in SL and you are not head to toe mesh, you better be Shakespeare with you emoting skills cause even then I may pass. Catwa, Logo, Genus, etc. There are so many out there find one that suits you. And you also want one that is Bento people. Bento allows you to customize the shape of the mesh so not everyone who has the same head and skin looks the same. 

b.) Proportions - People love to go crazy with big tits, big asses. Look at mine... I'm no better but keep it humanish people... unless you are going for a crazy look, if thats your goal have at it, but keep it away from my bedroom. If your cock clips through my back, you are compensating for something... Stop it... we all wanna look good in SL (for the most part) you can look good without carrying a baby arm between your legs and you can also look good without a sking body. Sorry to those who rock this. I hate them and so do alot of guys and gals.

c.) Color matching is a major pet peeve of mine and alot of others. When matching colors try to use skins appliers that have pre-made body tones to match the heads. Dont just gacha a pretty face then go and try to match the body its gonna be fucking hard to do and nothing is more annoying then seeing lines. Windlights will help you alot when color matching. When i do this I use, (And yes i know everyone will have a suggestion on their WL of choice, these are mine) Nam's optimal skin and prim or CalWL so you get lots of light on the skin without whitewashing it. 

d.) Shape - This is also partially under proportions but your shape should not be a stick figure, and you shouldn't be taller than most men. There is a setting that converts height to real heights. Your legs should not be 100 ever. Even leggy women... Stop making them 100 length you look like a semi retarded Jessica Rabbit. (I mentioned I was an asshole before right?) Stop doing it. Maitreya users, You can actually get curves out of that body, if you know how to adjust sliders and actually put some time into playing with your shape. You don't need a Freya or an hourglass to get them. That's not shitting on Belleza or Slink users in anyway. They are ALL viable options. I'm mainly speaking about the Maitreya users that look like lamp posts and are one step away from being emaciated. No one finds this hot. For tip on SL proportion this post is a great one to get pointers from. It's not the do all say all, but it will push you in the right https://forgreatproportions.tumblr.com/

That's all for today. Have a Happy New Year and stay safe!


Comments

  1. Good tips, Stacey. I'd also add that many people (like me!) are willing to help with these things if you need it. Just ask!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts